Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trauma at dropping off Nathan at daycare

Oh my God do I NOT like dropping Nathan off at daycare. Usually I do the pick up at daycare and I like that. I get to grab my baby and take him home. Today I had to work late so I brought Nathan in. First of all, it was disorienting bringing him IN. I had to bring in all his stuff, get his bottles in the fridge, put the sheets in the binder and I changed his diaper. And then came the hard part. I handed him off, gathered up the car seat THAT DID NOT CONTAIN MY BABY and turned around to say goodbye. I kissed Nathan on the head and told him goodbye and he smiled. He smiled and I had to WALK AWAY. AAAAAAARRRGHHHH... I had to leave him and that was sooo hard. Now I know that Nathan is not only fine at daycare, but that he LIKES daycare. They have cool toys and other babies and the teachers are all kind and wonderful and patient and everything good... but I really, really hated walking away. I mean, HATED walking away.

I suspect this is not going to get any easier. And I suspect that my idea of me being the hard ass parent is not going to be the case. I am mush around Nathan. Pliable, taffy-like mush. He's got me wrapped around his tiny little chubby baby finger 100% and I know that's not going to change. Do I perhaps forsee a call to Super Nanny on the horizon???

1 comment:

Crankipantz said...

Meh...I have to drop him off at daycare EVERY DAY!!!