Monday, January 11, 2010

First Challenge

Home with Nathan today. A fussy and sick Nathan who has had a fever Saturday and Sunday night. Today he was all runny nose/cough and just general sickness. I am convinced it is 100 times worse when your baby is sick because there was NOTHING I could do for him. He was all whiny and not able to play for any real length of time before going back into a whiny cry that would stretch on. Poor baby... I called his doctor's office and basically even at 6 months there is still nothing we can really do for him, but I was able to give him a dose of Infant Tylenol. That Tylenol is not messing around and he was out cold for 2 hours this morning. I won't lie, I was out with him. I brought him upstairs, put him into his co-sleeper and I curled up near him in our bed and he wrapped his little hand around my finger (Can I get an AWWWWWW?????), and he was out cold. I slept right along with him. Two hours later we were both up and he was definitely feeling better. I got his bottle, and let him play in his exersaucer which he loved for all of 10 minutes before fussing again. And here's my challenge. I was hungry. And despite having plenty of food in the house what I really wanted was McDonald's. A quarter pounder with cheese, fries and chocolate shake thank you very much. I wrestled with the idea of it, and the reality of not only bundling up my sick baby for such a silly errand, compounded with the fact that this would be $8.00 I really shouldn't be spending - well I stayed home. Made a sandwich for myself and spent the rest of the day trying to calm down and keep happy my baby boy.

So score one for me for not giving in to the first temptation!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Poor Nathan! What a sweet baby; I hope he is feeling better soon. I SO enjoyed our visit yesterday. He is the cutest thing!

Mr Darcy said...

Kudos to you for resisting the siren call of MacDonalds. Virtue isn't always its own reward, so you have friends to tell you what a good girl you are.
And feeding knockout drops to Nathan! May cause drowsiness... What am I doing face down in the kitchen?