Sunday, January 24, 2010

7 Things About Me You May Not Know

Here are 7 things about me that you may not already know!

1. I'm an introvert. Well, I'm an introvert with extroverted tendencies, meaning basically that while I enjoy people, I need "down time" to re-energize and cope with my day and all the people contact I have. I find that now that I have a baby, I need this time even more, and if I do NOT get my recharge time I can be cranky and irritable - never a good combination.

2. I am seriously considering adoption or fostering a child in the future. Well, maybe not fostering because the idea of giving the child UP would kill me, but perhaps adoption!

3. My favorite way to pass the time is to "pretend" shop. I fill up carts at Macys and Nordstrom with everything I want and more just to see what the total would be.

4. I'm slightly OCD about binders that I keep. I rip out articles and ideas from magazines and put them in the appropriate binder and plastic sheeting. Mostly snack ideas for children, recipes (that I have never tried), and articles about being a good parent. Flipping through these binders is actually amazingly soothing for me, and I used to do something similar as a teenager when I had binders and binders of articles and pictures of my favorite bands.

5. I am super addicted to "Famville" on Facebook and have to fight the urge to "buy" different items to add to my pretend farm.

6. I love scary movies and thrillers and even though lately they scare me even MORE than they used to, I still watch them. Maybe it's the adrenaline rush?

7. My bark is worse than my bite!

1 comment:

Mr Darcy said...

Ah, the heavy metal binders. (No, No, binders with clippings about heavy metal bands, not heavy binders with metal covers.) I've always contended that if you had put a tenth of the effort making those binders into your school work, nothing could have kept you off the honor roll. I just never found a way to make Algebra II as attractive as Izzy Stradlin.