Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 4 of Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Remember how I couldn't do the "no take out" challenge? Well it's amazing just how well I can stick to a challenge when I have NO MONEY. My bank account has exactly $35.00 in it until next Thursday. Yes, $35. Yes, I realize the slight irony that I have my age in money in my account, ans the sad reality that as an adult of 35 I still have such a pathetically low balance. On the plus side - all the bills are paid. The bills are paid, Nathan has clothes and diapers and food and is EATING BANANAS!!!! I KNOW..that's like real people food and while he still seems to think that we're crazy for giving him something other than formula...he's actually kind of chewing it. But back to money.... I'm lucky that everything is paid for, there's gas in my car to get to work, and there is definitely food in the pantry. And it's been peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch every day this week. I like peanut butter and everything, but it is getting a little old. Now the Katharine with more than $35 in her account would pick a day and perhaps go get chicken parmesean and ziti for lunch one day, or peking ravioli, or pick up take out one night. But this Katharine is BROKE..and still has some presents to get so it's been easier to "stick to the rule of no take out". But is it really sticking to the rules if I HAVE TO???

So I'll leave you all with this because even though I've seen it a million times I still think its highly entertaining:

No comments: