Sunday, November 15, 2009

Late Fall Attempt at De-cluttering

Our house is small - something I am sure I have driven home to all of you in the many, many entries I've written. And it's time to start decluttering again. I was looking around our living room/kitchen and there is so much STUFF. Lots and lots of STUFF. Where in the WORLD does it all come from?? I mean, I got rid of the gigantic dog crate, you would think that would open the place up a bit, but nope. There is still tons of STUFF all over the place. First thing I'm going to start with are my books. I stored probably about half the books I own... after a major purge before Nathan was born, and I think it's time to purge again. See, I have weakness for books and I tend to buy like 10 at a time. And I reread my books, but only the really good ones. So its time to go through my stash and get rid of the ones I didn't LOVE.

I've also been decluttering Nathan's room as time moves on. All the clothes he's outgrown have been storied in rubbermaid containers in our basement, and I've already started a large bin for his 6 month clothes. He's like a weed, this kid. It's crazy how fast he outgrows stuff.

How often does everyone else declutter? I tend to do it on an as needed basis, or when my OCD gets out of control and the STUFF makes me crazy....
I also want to go through the tons and tons of paperwork/mail and assorted catalogues that continue to multiple faster than rabbits. BUT, I don't want to go nuts and get all sorts of organzing things because Jeff and I are KIND of looking around for another house. A house where we can maybe entertain... a house where we can store the crap loads of baby crap that you apparently need these days in order to raise a child properly. And a house where there is more than one bathroom!! Ahhhh.. more than one bathroom would be sooooo lovely... so lovely... And a washer and dryer I don't have to exit the house to use! That would also be wonderful!

Oh, and my point was if anyone wants some books, let me know! I can send some your way, otherwise they're going into the donation bin!

No comments: