Monday, November 9, 2009

Inability to Sit Around and Do Nothing

You know, I used to be able to do nothing. I'm home sick today and Jeff is home helping to take care of Nathan since I'm scared to death I'll get him sick so I've been avoiding picking him up. I HAVE done the following though:

Put in a load of Nathan's laundry (I swear I do his laundry like 2x a week)
Put away our laundry from yesterday
Dishes (twice)
Fed the dog and took him out
Sterilized Nathan's bottles and pacifiers (can we say soaking in boiling hot water?)
Started holiday shopping lists


I DID take a 4 hour nap though during the day, you know, because I feel LOUSY with a capital L! But I also hate staying home sick. I always feel so sluggish and blah, and while I should be enjoying the fact that I have a day where Nathan is being cared for and I can indulge myself in feeling better, I just can't seem to stop DOING things. I'm actually contemplating cleaning our bathroom because I have a day "to myself". What is WRONG with me???

2 comments:

Crankipantz said...

I have to admit...it's kind of annoying actually. REST for crying out loud.

Mary said...

Let me give you lessons on how to do NOTHING. Really, it's okay -- especially when you're sick!