Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Donation Package

I decided on "1,2,3... Hi Baby" as the non-profit I'm going to give to this holiday season (you can see more about them here: http://friendsofpineridgereservation.org/organizations/123...Hi_Baby.shtml) and I've started collecting items already. The idea that a mother can't afford to get the necessities for her baby breaks my heart so I've been clipping coupons and watching specials and so far I have the following items:
2 bottles of Johnson's Baby Wash
Desitin diaper rash ointment
6 onesies for 3 month olds
socks size 0-6 months
a swaddle wrap in size large
Saline nasal spray

Not a lot, but I'm hoping to get a few more things like diapers and clothing and maybe some more baby wash and diaper creme. I've got a $5.00 off any purchase of $15 or more at CVS and I may wander down tomorrow during lunch and see what I can get. I may be broke but I can still help out in some small way... and it makes me feel better too! A win win situation all around! I would especially like to make this idea of giving around the holidays a family affair where we all get involved in a charity and gather items to help out, even Nathan will be able to help give. It would kind of be a nice tradition instead of the usual gimme, gimme, gimme that surrounds the holidays.

Keep in mind though, I'm no saint.... I'm already thinking of different things I might possible like for the holidays (cough... spa day.. cough.... cough...) and I am certainly already on the lookout for toys and the such for Nathan. What holiday traditions do you all embrace? Do you volunteer? Give?? Feel free to share, I'd love to see some more ideas!

No comments: