Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Don't worry, pictures are coming, but I was interested in the contrast between this Halloween and Halloween's of past. This year we took Nathan to Marblehead where the idea was he would trick or treat with his cousins. Well this year it was REALLY warm out, really warm out. And the costume we had picked out was really warm. Cute, but warm. It was a little monster outfit and Nathan was soooo not having it. We took him trick or treating in his jammies because let's face it, he's 4 months old and really will have no memory of this night. BUT we did get a few pictures for the occasion, so that was good. Now here's where the night took a different kind of turn. Jeff and I spent the night in Salem, MA and on my urging, Jeff dressed up as Spock and went out. Last year we went out in Salem with Jeff's cousins David and Judith and had a blast people watching and checking things out. I thought, how much fun for Jeff to do that again this year?? I didn't go, I stayed in Salem with my baby and you know what? I was fine with it! Truly, I was fine with it. I got Nathan all snuggly in his pack n' play and I was out cold on the sofa next to him about 30 minutes later. No scary movie, no nothing... I was passed out. By 9:30pm people. On HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Now Nathan normally sleeps in a co-sleeper next to our bed and it's about bassinet sized, so not that big. The pack n' play however is a pretty good size. And Nathan took FULL ADVANTAGE of his room to kick his feet, squirm, and pretty much make as much noise as possible without crying. He kicked and kicked and thumped his feet and tried to roll over and was just generally a REALLY LOUD SLEEPER. Also, as everyone knows, houses make weird noises at night. And if you don't normally sleep there, you're not used to those noises. There were doors creaking, wind blowing, and generally all sorts of sounds that continually woke me up. Jeff is actually lucky that I woke up at 11:30pm when he and David got back because they didn't have any keys. I remember vaguely thinking it was a little late for trick or treaters before making my way to the door. And poor Jeff and David walked all the way home from Salem center in the rain. He was SOAKED.

All in all it was not a very memorable Halloween.... hopefully next year will be better!!

No comments: