Wednesday, July 14, 2010

State of Mind

I haven't been feeling like myself lately. I've been wearing a lot of yoga pants and not really taking the time to do my make-up and the such. So last week I got my hair trimmed and I purchased some new make-up for myself. Which btw, why is it I can spend $50 at Sephora and walk out with only two tiny items?? Just wondering. It doesn't stop me from going there, but it blows my mind each time. I got some new bronzer, some highlighter for around my eyes, and some lovely samples. One of the samples is a radiance serum I've been using at night, and also a kind of primer for before my bronzer. It's silly, but just getting these products and using them on a regular basis has made me feel better about myself. I've started "doing my face" each morning and it's definitey helping my self-esteem.

I wonder why it is that doing something so seemingly small would help so much. I guess it all comes down to taking the time for yourself, making yourself a priority. I also want to work on getting rid of this baby weight and I was checking out this website:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Now I am NOT a runner. In fact, I loathe most forms of exercise. I tend to be someone who starts out strong and then kind of lets it all go. But I'm getting older. I'm turning 36 and I have a child. I need to start treating myself a little better, and getting healthy. I want to model a good lifestyle for Nathan and I want him to be physically active as well. The first week looks doable.. working out 3 times a week for 20 minutes. That's not a lot. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.

Hopefully these small things - taking better care of myself, making time to work out and put on make-up and treat myself well will help my rather sad and cranky state of mind! Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I think I said this on Facebook, but if you don't feel strong enough to go to the next week, do the same week again. I think this is the first time I've actually done each week only once. The first time I did it I think I did all the weeks at least twice and a few weeks three times :-).