Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1

It was day 1 of the "Coach to 5K" training program. This is the program I followed:

Brisk five-minute warm up walk.
Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I'm not going to lie. The first 60 seconds of jogging sucked. I did that first interval and thought "I'm going to have to walk the rest of the time". I am NOT in shape. At all. But I did it. I did the whole 20 minutes. In fact, I think I did 25 minutes because it was hard to time it perfectly around my neighborhood. I did it. Now I just need to KEEP DOING IT. Because it's the keeping it up bit that is hard. I've never QUITE made exercise habit. Oh, I did once when I was a senior in college, and when I belonged to Healthworks gym in Boston. I actually went multiple times during the week and attended classes and EXERCISED. It was never fun for me.. but I did it. Those days have long past and I'm more in the habit of starting strong and then dying out in a blaze of pure laziness. I've got to do three of these workouts a week, and they get more intense week by week... so two more times this week and we'll see if I'm ready to graduate to the next intensity. I'm also curious to see how I feel tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: