Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weird Lunch Habit

This is the second time I've done something kind of weird at lunch. First off, had to go and fuel up my Jeep so I could make it home at the end of the day. Bu the weather was so nice I drove around for a little bit with the windows down and finally pulled into the McDonald's parking lot. Walked inside, got a Diet Coke, walked back outside, rolled down my windows and took out my lunch (ham and cheese on white with applesauce for a snack). Sat in my car and ate my lunch while perusing "Toddler Bargains". It was lovely! The day was great, the weather nice and warm, and I really, really enjoyed just kind of being by myself. I feel like as a mom and wife and also with work - I don't get much time to myself. When I was single and lived alone I would come home, have dinner, and pull out a book to read while doing so. I have to force myself NOT to do this now since it's kind of rude to sit right next to Jeff and have my nose buried in a book... we probably need to reconnect after a day apart and you know, remember that we're MARRIED!!!

So as a result - not a lot of down time. Not a lot of me time. A lunch in my car was perfect.. and way too short.

My question?? Is it weird I sat in my car all alone and ate lunch??

2 comments:

Karen said...

i sit at my desk to eat lunch by myself and browse the web! Plus i used to sit outside with a book and read when it was warm.... sounds normal to me....

Anonymous said...

Um, I do this almost every day at work! I get sick of eating in the lunchroom with everyone, because it's still "work people" and if I eat at my desk, forget it, no break for me. I love to leave for an hour, eat my lunch in my car with the windows down and cell phone off and not a soul in the world knowing where I am. ... and I have been known to have my head in a book while eating dinner, as Jim watches TV while eating dinner... I feel like that's all kinds of wrong too... LOL