Sunday, March 7, 2010

Need for Glasses

Surely my eyes are deceiving me. SURELY Old Navy is not marketing something called a "ROMPER". It must be misplaced. They MEANT to post this little gem under the "girls" category - NOT the WOMEN category. I mean.. a ROMPER??? Doesn't the word ROMPER inspire thoughts of things like "Romper Room"??? To play? To frolic? Pigtails and jelly sandals?? I mean.. a ROMPER?? Let me just show you the outfit and leave it up to you to decide if I am indeed so sleep deprived that I can no longer be trusted to see something RIGHT BEFORE MY VERY EYES...










Sweet Jesus it even LOOKS like a romper. And not much unlike an outfit I wore when I was oh, SIX YEARS OLD!!! I KNOW I am just delirious.. I KNOW this is an object of my own fevered imagination. I'm going to pretend I didn't see this and perhaps go to take a nap. Or drink a large glass of wine.

5 comments:

Karen said...

yeah man - these have been out forever over here. I am so used to seeing them in stores i have actually considered buying one. I hate the long pant ones but man at this point I almost think it might be hip?

Apple Seed said...

Ooh, I want several of these for the summer. Look at all the room for diapers. I mean, one might never have to use a public rest room again!

Katharine said...

Karen.. step AWAY from the Romper. Do NOT put on the ROMPER! You are an adult.. this is for a CHILD.. SAY NO TO THE ROMPER!! For the love of everything good just do NOT PURCHASE A ROMPER!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Unless you're Chrissy Snow from Three's Company - she loved to romp in her rompers.

Karen said...

but katharine! there is WHOLE SECTION at topsop (that store here that kate moss designs for and other random ppl) devoted to playsuits!!! Some of them actaully look a bit cute! you wear them with heels and scarves and other random stuff...

<a href='http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=118926&langId=-1&top=Y/>playsuits!!!</a>