Saturday, March 6, 2010

Clothes and Entertaining an 8 month old

I hate them. I hate them all. I wear the same things over and over and over again because despite losing 3 pounds this week I am still WAY too big for my clothes. Even my previous "fat clothes'. It's depressing... but I DID manage to channel that hatred into doing one of my exercise DVD's on Friday when I was home with Nathan for the day. He slept and I put in a 3o minute "Walk Away the Pounds" that left me a big sweatball afterwards. Kind of sad that after walking 2 miles I was a mess.. I used to be able to do the 4 mile DVD with no problems. Ah well.. I'm going to attempt to do that blasted DVD 3 times a week for the month of March, so wish me luck!

Meanwhile, as Nathan gets older I am running out of things to do with him. I spend a lot of my time on the floor with him and trying to encourage him to crawl (he's 8 months and not crawling yet), and he's kind over his exersaucer. I can put him in it for like 10 minutes before he freaks out. Right now he loves hi 99 cent ball and we can play with that for like 30 minutes straight and he just laughs and giggles and grabs his ball and tries to eat it.. he LOVES it! He's also fascinated by bubbles so I play with those as well. But otherwise I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to do to entertain him. He will sit for a few minutes on the floor if I put some toys within his reach so I can say, run to the bathroom or something, but he really likes having me with him. So what do I DO to keep an 8 month old happy??? My fall back is taking him to the mall or Target because he loves to look around at things - but keep in mind that I carry him throughout these places as he likes to look and touch and interact with everything! What else?? Is there anything else I can do with him to keep him entertained? I hate the idea of turning on the television, right now we keep tv to a minimum and I want to keep it that way as long as possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

2 comments:

Hope said...

I think that your idea of taking him for walks is a great one! Not only does he get to see all sorts of stuff... you get some extra exercise. Seems win-win to me!

Unknown said...

My kids loved to put balls into a bucket or a pot. They would be entertained for a long time putting something into a pot and then putting the lid on and then opening it to find the balls still there (very exciting) and then take them out and repeat and repeat and repeat!