Saturday, June 28, 2008

Next Tattoo Design Idea

I already have one tattoo, a hammerhead shark circling a heart, on the small of my back. I got it at the end of a way-too long and emotionally draining relationship. It was kind of the icing on the "not going back" cake. I absolutely love that tattoo, but now I'm ready for my next one. And this one I'd like to celebrate my marriage. I never really thought I'd get married, didn't really think I was "marriage material", and two years later, I'm still insanely happy. So the elements I want in my next tattoo are red roses for my wedding bouquet:


The next part I want in it is Jeff's name in some sort of script, and our wedding date (9/8/06). Now, I've heard about all the broo ha ha about getting a name permanently etched onto your body, but let's face facts people. I'm not a celebrity, I won't be heading off to a movie location with Kane where a torrid affair will start up and end my current relationship. I'm 33 years old and have finally been fortunate enough to not only find a man that puts up with all my crap, but can also make me wet my pants laughing. Trust me when I say I'm not letting him out of my sight - ever!
After much discussion with Jeff, I've decided my ankle is the best place for this tattoo and I'm so excited to get it done. I cannot WAIT! I found a couple of rose tattoo designs that I liked, and I am really excited to see how an artist can incorparate the three elements. Something along the lines of the following:


Minus the skull element in the first one, but I love the placement on the second one. And the boldness of the rose design. Not really sure I'm going to have color, but we'll see. Anyway, Jeff was telling me if I can wait till my birthday he'll get it for me, so the coundown has started. Any comments or suggestions? I'll be sure to post pictures once I get it done!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Oh dear God, I hurt just thinking of it. Remember that your bone is veerrrryyyy close to the surface of the skin of your foot/ankle!

Crankipantz said...

Ouch.

Hope said...

I have no tattoo ideas, but I felt the need to tell you that September 8th is an excellent date. :p Also, out of the corner of my eye, the text verification thingamajig on this page looks like it says "orgasms."

Mr Darcy said...

Just remember what getting a tattoo does to Meister's memory.

But if that memory no longer holds any meaning for you, why, go right ahead. I would suggest a nice shark jaw, biting the ankle - as thought having already swallowed the foot. Unique, no?

And pay no attention to those white hairs I'll be getting.

Mary said...

Are you going to the House of Pain in Everett to have it done?!

No lie, it really is called the House of Pain Tattoo and Body Piercing Parlor.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, are you still going through with this, Kae?
I have to say, i'm probably the least tattoo-friendly person in this blog yet strangely, I don't HATE the foot tattoo. Would I ever get it done on my foot? not in a million years but I can see how it could actually be anywhere between "kinda cool" and "way cool" on someone else's dog.....
soooooo.... are you going for it?????
Helen