Thursday, June 12, 2008

Goody Bag

While I was at Melrose Wakefield Hospital, I got moved from the ER to the Observation Unit. I was already familiar with this floor as its where Jeff was moved to right before he got his gallbladder out. But I did get something that he did not, a goody bag! Take a look at what was waiting for me:






Inside my little goody bag were the following items: lip balm, hand lotion, a toothbrush, bar of soap, comb, tissues, antibacterial gel, and socks with little grips on the bottom.

I especially appreciated the lip balm as the air in the hospital was realy dry and I felt like my lips were just insanely chapped. I haven't really used any of the other items, but I brought the whole thing home with me just the same. It was like they were trying to trick me into thinking I was staying in a 5 star hotel instead of a hospital. No such luck as I was acutely aware of just where I was and why, never mind that the woman next to me was insanely obnoxious. She was so demanding and I swear she rang that bell for a nurse every hour on the hour. Her two teenage daughters even visited her and proceeded to start a burbing contest. Classy. These girls spent the 2 hours they were there to see their mother by burping, constantly. Every other minute one of them would burb, and then giggle hysterically that they couldn't help it.

Anyway, after 12 days of almost constant pain I am finally feeling better. Fingers crossed that I'm at the end of whatever this was because I am so bored I am actually looking forward to going back to work!



No comments: