Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oops! Sorry for the lack of posts!

Sorry for the lack of posts everyone - I'd been waiting for inspiration to strike so I could write something insanely funny and entertaining - it never happened.

To make up for my laziness.. here's a bunch of little posts!
1. I have been cooking!!! Take a quick look outside, pigs are NOT flying! I actually looked at a recipe, got the ingredients, PLANNED AHEAD, and MADE THE MEAL!
I made two very similar recipes. Salsa chicken and salsa chicken casserole. Salsa chicken is super easy, and the casserole was a little more time consuming. Both were good, though Jeff and I both agreed that the salsa chicken was the tastier of the two meals.

2. I'm getting into the groove of being home. I have space in our new house, it's an open floor plan and I love that I can actually do something like, laundry, and not have to go out the front door, down to the back of the house, open the basement door and into the basement to do laundry. Now I just go downstairs into my father's part of our house and plunk in some laundry. Not having to carry laundry outside in the rain or snow or wind is BLISS!!!

3. Monty hates us and is most likely plotting to have us all taken out. Because Nathan LOVES Monty and one of his favorite words now is "puppy", he will chase Monty if given the opportunity. In an effort to prevent something BAD happening, I have to gate Monty down by our bedrooms during the day. Now, Monty has his own dog bed, toys, food and water. But he HATES this and will whine constantly throughout the day at the unfairness of his life. I figure this is the best solution though until Nathan is big enough to understand that Monty is NOT just a big stuffed animal walking around for his amusement and needs to treat him GENTLY.

4. Spencer's Gifts. Jeff and I were walking the mall with Nathan, kind of browsing and we went into Spencer's Gifts on a whim. I am firmly of the mind that nobody actually BUYS anything in there. It's all just some elaborate ploy to make me shudder and think old lady thoughts like "The youth today are AWFUL" or "Turn down that music" or "Why aren't you in school"? There were actually maternity shirts that said - "I'm not fat. I'm knocked up". Classy. Real classy. I cannot BELIEVE I didn't know about these shirts when I was pregnant. At one point in the store Jeff and I saw an "Carmen Electra Stripper Pole" for sale. A STRIPPER POLE! In a store that was primarily for teenagers. Now, it was bad enough that this store sold MATERNITY SHIRTS when what they really needed to sell was a Depo shot that automatically just stabbed girls as they walked in, but a stripper pole? Jeff and I looked at each other, started to say something snarky about it, and then noticed that a 16 year old girl was having an in-depth discussion on how to install the pole in her room and RIGHT NEXT TO THIS GIRL WAS HER MOTHER AND INFANT DAUGHTER IN A CARRIAGE. So many things wrong there, so many things. I'm no prude but at 16 I would rather have stabbed my eyes out with a pencil then talked to my mother about sex - never mind STRIPPER POLES IN MY BEDROOM! Or coming home and annoucing I was pregnant. Nope, that would NOT have gone over well in my house. NOT AT ALL! Nathan and I had a long talk about how a girl with a stripper pole in her room is NOT a girl he should be dating. Or talking to. Or looking at.

And in case you want to take a look at the pole, here's the link. You're welcome.
http://www.electrapole.com/


And here's the shirt from Spencer's, just so you can get the full effect of the awfulness.


2 comments:

Mr Darcy said...

What a pity I didn't know about the shirts in time. I would have bought you seven of them, one for each day of the week. Are all of them the same great color, or is there a choice?

It's not too late for the stripper pole, though. I assume you want it in the living room. If I can put together a shoe rack, I can manage that much.

You might be right about the interesting conversation if you had come home and announced that you were pregnant. I'm trying to imagine my side of it, but I'm not getting a clear picture. The six foot flames keep getting in the way.

Dawn said...

Hey...I have a cute little girl that would never have a stripper pole in her room...maybe she and Nathan can hook up in 25 years. (o: