Friday, October 29, 2010

Lameness

I am such a big baby when Jeff goes out at night that I don't sleep. Jeff says it's negative thinking, and that I set myself up for failure, but I call it "realistic". Jeff goes out = no sleep for Katharine. I am also so incredibly lame that I have my father come upstairs and watch as I let Monty out for his final bathroom trip. You know, in case someone tries to run up the stairs of our deck and break in during the 5 minutes Monty circles the yard before rushing back inside like the lumbering beast he is. To make matters worse, my father is so nice he actually said he would sit in my living room WHILE I SLEPT because I was TOO SCARED TO SLEEP ALONE. Now, that is more than a little sweet of my father because - hey? Who else but a PARENT would indulge the insanity of their child in this way? Never mind that I am 36 years old and my DADDY IS TRYING TO HELP ME SLEEP!! I believe I have reached a new low. Instead I like to lie awake and torture myself with horrible, horrible thoughts. But not until now did I realize I had NOT tortured myself with one horrible, terrible, awful thought. That a demon might be waiting around to take possession of my child. And for this nightmare I would like to give a big THANK YOU to "Paranormal Activity 2"




I have not seen the first movie after hearing "you won't sleep" anytime a friend told me about the storyline. After seeing this preview for the second one, I don't think I'll be breaking down any doors to watch it anytime in the near future. Meaning, never in this lifetime. Now when Nathan screams in the middle of the night I'm not thinking "Oh he dropped his pacifier" or "Oh, his diaper leaked and he has wet jammies", instead I am thinking "Holy crap a demon is trying to possess my child - must run to him NOW". It's not like I don't have an active enough imagination as it is.. now I have to worry about demons?? My only real consolation, and I'm a little embarassed to admit this - I can convince my crazy inner self that demons aren't going to harm my child because if they were.... are you ready? Jay and Grant from "Ghost Hunters" would have already found proof of it somewhere. And since I record each episode of "Ghost Hunters", I know that they have never found proof of a possesion. THAT helps me sleep eventually. Jay and Grant from "Ghost Hunters". Oh, and my Daddy!

2 comments:

Mr Darcy said...

This was shot on location, right? Because I can clearly see Monty lying right on the floor in his usual place.

Yes, demon possession is something you should really be worried about. It's not like the Ghost Hunters would know when it happens - Nathan isn't going to do a Linda Blair on you, just quietly steal your soul while you're hugging him. And then you'll be able to hear the voices in the white noise background you turn on for him.

Katharine said...

I hate you. I cannot BELIEVE You just wrote that to scare the crap out of your favorite daughter. Now when I'm in a padded cell rocking back and forth and screaming you will only have yourself to blame.