Thursday, February 25, 2010

Continued efforts to pay down my debts

I have $142.00 in my checking account until payday. Payday is Thursday. I'm actually pretty excited because my usual way of living is I go bat shit crazy on payday and pay EVERYTHING and buy all sorts of things, and the 4 days later I have something insane like $12 in my account and 9 more days till another check. And I am DOUBLE proud because my last paycheck was smaller than normal. It was smaller than normal because I took some unpaid sick time to stay home and take care of Nathan. So the fact that I have ANY money leftover is like a small miracle. I also need to do the following:

1. Go through my ever-increasing stack of coupons and buy a few things from Target.
2. Fill my gas tank.
3. Put $10 in my Savings account
4. Perhaps buy my husband a birthday present since his birthday is on March 2nd and so far I have a big fat NOTHING for him. It won't be a large present, but I do need to, oh, acknowledge it in some way!!! Would it be bad if I skipped the birthday card?? I LOVE cards, but at the same time, I can't help but know that a card is about $4.00 and it's something that does eventually get thrown away. Perhaps I should take that $4.00 and put it towards a gift that Jeff might actually ENJOY? I DO know that I will not repeat last year's mistake and get him scratch tickets. That was SUCH a complete waste, I would have been better of lighting a $20 bill on fire and watching it burn for all the good it did.

And what am I continuing to do? Well that's the continuing evaluation of my purchases - needs vs. wants, and cutting back on the take out. I didn't eat out once this week, and I brought my lunch every day. Well, I had take out today - but my office treated us to lunch since we had to sit through a conference call for training. And Jeff gave in to the horrible rainy weather and brought us take out for dinner. But that wasn't ME!!! See.. see how I got away with not spending money on anything but gas but still got to eat out?? GO ME!!!

Now if I could just get to the working out/losing weight part of my resolution and all will be well!

1 comment:

Crankipantz said...

Make a card...that's FREE! Just saying...:-)