Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Movie Review


Jeff and I had some friends over last week to watch movies. We had gotten the "8 Films to Die For" and we decided to watch "Mulberry Street", a brief synopsis is below:

The city that never sleeps may shut its eyes for good when a deadly infection turns its residents to savage creatures. There is only hope for a small few, including six recently evicted tenants who must protect their crumbling apartment complex as the city around them is thrown into chaos...

Sounds decent right? Well, the infection turns people into RATS. You know, weird rat people, like werewolves but with rats and not wolves. Never mind the fact that it takes people a REALLY long time to figure out about this infection, and when they DO figure it out they actually leave the safety of their apartment and venture out into the streets. This strikes me as counter-productive. If there are crazy rat people running around outside Jeff and I are grabbing the animals and holing up in our house. I'm talking boarding up windows and doors and stockpiling food. And if crazed, rabid rat people start breaking in, I'm going out to the safety of the roof. I will NOT go wandering around the streets to try and see what's going on, I will NOT open the front door just to take a quick peak, and I will NOT go to work that day. That's just common sense you know? Anyway, I give this movie two thumbs down, the acting was laughable and the only good thing about watching it was the laughs we had as we mocked it.

No comments: