Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Visit to the Library

I have a library card again. I haven't been to a library in years - since college really. I kind of just stopped going. But the Wakefield library is just lovely. I've got Nathan signed up in classes that meet once a week and I've been able to read some of the most interesting books. Now I don't have a lot of time to browse at the library. Nathan does NOT sit patiently and wait for me to peruse the shelves looking for specific authors or topics. So if the book is not out on a shelf for me to grab - well I'm not going to get it. I HAVE read some wonderful books though/

Hay Fever by Angela Miller - it's all about a woman who works as a publisher during the week in New York and has a goat farm where she makes cheese on weekends. That's a dull summary - but it's actually really, really interesting. I learned more about cheese, goats, running a business than I ever wanted to know but it was all interesting. Loved it.

American Wasteland: How America Throws Away Nearly Half It's Food (And What We Can Do About It) by Jonathan Bloom - This book was interesting but not as much fun to read. I definitely think Jeff and I should be more conscious of how much we waste. On trash day we have at LEAST 6 garbage bags out at the curb for pick up while my father has one. ONE!!! Our next door neighbor is an adorable elderly woman and she usually has two bags of trash at the most. Clearly Jeff and I are much more wasteful.

Curse of the Kissing Cousins by Toni Kelner - really cute mystery. Very modern and with a cute little twist at the end. Easy read and definitely engaging.

There's more - but I'm really enjoying picking up random books - books where I like cover and just pick it up. Books where I read that say, Alice Cooper enjoyed it, and then check it out to read myself. And I don't feel like I've wasted money because - it's a LIBRARY BOOK! I didn't have to pay anything. They are FREE!!! I did, however, stop checking out books for Nathan since he's still so little and I'm scared to death he'll RIP the library book. He's got plenty of books at home to rip to shreds thank you very much! We'll just wait till he's a tiny bit older before taking out library books for his enjoyment! Head to the library my friends - it's definitely the happening place to be.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh yeah, I always go to the library. I rarely, if ever, buy books anymore because once I get them home I more often than not lose interest in them. Lost interest = lost money!