Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Car

I need to organize my car. Currently there are all sorts of things in it, things that I probably don't need. Like cheerios. My God the number of Cheerios on the floor of my car. I have enough to feed Nathan for the next week! I also have a bag of dry cleaning. A bag of dry cleaning, I hate to admit, that has been sitting on the floor of my car for like, oh, 6 months? Maybe more? But dry cleaning, things that I most likely won't wear anytime soon? I have other things to spend my money on. So the bag sits in my car. I SHOULD admit defeat and just bring the bag in, but I'm lazy, I mean STUBBORN, yes, I'm stubborn and the bag stays. I also have a shopping cart cover (yes, a little cover that goes OVER the shopping cart where Nathan sits. It's to protect him from all the gross germs on the cart and YES I thought it was stupid too until I had a baby and of course had to rush out and buy it because I am a sucker for marketing), I have a fleece blanket since it's winter and I want to make sure Nathan is warm while the car heats up, and I have a million board books that Nathan looks through when I'm driving. It's such a "mom car". What I really NEED, is the following:
An extra pair of gloves
A shovel
A gallon of water
A bottle of windshield defroster
A roll of paper towels
A bag of salt

You know, because it's winter and I should probably be prepared. Meanwhile, when did it get so blasted cold?? My God.. it's COLD out. I had the heat blasting last night and I still burrowed under the covers like some sort of mole person. Which brings me to my next issue. Jeff and I go through this ALL THE TIME. The "Is Nathan too cold or too hot" question. It's on-going. It's endless. It's season less. Since I am cold, beyond cold, at night, I am CONVINCED that Nathan is cold. He's in his fleece jammies every night now, fleece jammies WITH FEET I might add, and he also has a sherpa like blanket that he kicks off or squirms out of. So like a crazy person I run in in the middle of the night and cover him back up. Doesn't matter, he squirms out of it over the next hour. This makes me insane on a level I can't even describe. How do I know if Nathan is cold?? He doesn't understand how to stay UNDER his blanket... and his little hands are so cold in the morning, I just feel awful. How do I keep my precious angel warm???

No comments: