Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Complete Lack of Appetite

For some reason these past few days I have no appetite. It's the weirdest thing because not being hungry is NOT normal for me. I'm the kind of person who LOOKS FORWARD to meals. I get excited if I'm going for a good meal out at a favorite restaurant. I ENJOY food. And while work has been stressful, my normal reaction to stress is "BRING ON THE FOOD"!!!! It is NOT.. "Eh, I guess I should eat something for lunch". Now I do have Graves Disease and no thyroid, but not being hungry has never been a side effect before. I go ALL MORNING LONG now without eating. I have no interest in it. Normally I'd be STARVING by 10:30am even after a nice healthy breakfast and ready to gnaw my arm off like a coyote stuck in a traffic.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? It doesn't feel serious, like call a doctor serious, I'm just not hungry. This evening I was a little hungry on my way home from work, but I just didn't care if I ate or not. Very, very weird. I feel fine otherwise so I've got no idea just what is going on now.

2 comments:

Mary said...

It could just be one of those things, nothing to worry about. But there is a stomach bug going around (I had it a couple of weeks ago), so if you start feeling "off", just take care of yourself.

Karen said...

I used to be starving by 10:30 before all the time, and that was with a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast, then a sandwich for lunch- now honestly my breakfast this past year is a cup of coffee, then maybe some muslix around noon and some fruit until i manage to eat for dinner.
I think for me it is being anxious and stressed... :) maybe not the healthiest thing.