Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shopping Experience

So I'm at 28 weeks right now, that's about 7 months. Third trimester. And my body, it is CHANGING. Now, I was prepared for it to change, I really was. Or I thought I was prepared. But seeing my waist disappear and my belly pop out... well it's just been hard. I've never been stick thin, but these changes are so big, it's sometimes hard to remember "I'm Pregnant" and that all of this is SUPPOSED to happen.


Today, I went shopping for a spring maternity dress. Something I could wear to work and quite possibly to a baby shower. You know, nice, but casual, and not too expensive. Well it wasn't a super fun shopping trip to say the least. The two dresses I found REALLY emphasized the baby belly, and let's just say the view from behind was not flattering. At all. So as I twirled in front of my friend in silent debate, one of the salesgirls brought this over to me.


Yes, that is maternity spanx. Now, I have no problem with spanx and actually own a pair that I have worn in the past under a few skirts that are too clingy. But maternity spanx? People, I'm getting to the point where putting plain ol' UNDERPANTS on is a trial. I seriously have a hard time bending over to get each foot into the leg of pants and you want me to squeeze my ass into a girdle??? No thank you. I will pass on this lovely idea.
Needless to say instead of buying anything for myself I bought our baby a few little clothes from Gymboree, a candle from Yankee Candle, and a piece of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory which I am about to eat. So not a BAD day shopping, just not QUITE what I was hoping to leave the mall with.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You need to put a preggers pic of yourself on your blog. Just one. Come on...pleease. I did it. (o: