Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bug and Mouse issue

We have mice. I have found mouse poop on our kitchen COUNTERTOPS. BLECH! Now, I'm not scared of mice, but I am seriously disgusted by the idea of a mouse running around where we prepare food. So I cleaned off all the counters, bleached everything down, and we keep everything in the fridge or high up in cabinets. But we still find mouse poop. Jeff has put traps down and we've caught two, and while I feel slightly guilty about this, it's got to be done.

Today I went into the soon-to-be-nursery and found two ANTS crawling on the window. ICK! ANTS!!! Seriously, are we running some sort of pest bed and breakfast and we don't know it?? Is there a vacancy sign outside that only small critters can see??? Because I want them GONE, NOW. NOW. I am so disgusted I have thought seriously about whipping out a credit card and swiping $400 for an exterminator to come out.

So any help??? Anyone have any suggestions?? I've already roped my dad into coming over and spraying our basement since I can't, but anything else we can do? It's an old house and I suspect that's part of the problem but I want to nip this in the bud ASAP.

HELP!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Do NOT feel guilty about killing these rodents! They are disease-carrying and this is no time for animal sensitivity. I would suggest going around the house to see if you can figure out where they are coming in. Look under the sinks, around baseboard heaters, etc., to see if there are any holes you can plug up. Use steel wool, as they can't chew through that. But please, don't feel guilty about killing them -- they are not house pets!