Wednesday, April 30, 2008

spoiled rotten greyound!




Jeff and I adopted Monty over two years ago. I don't really know just HOW we ended up with a greyhound when we originally were looking at much smaller dogs. Dogs like pugs or cocker spanierls, or min pins.. small dogs. But we got Monty, I think mostly because I'm a sucker and I want to adopt any animal with a hard luck story. Anyway, we got Monty through the wonderful New England Greyhound Welfare (http://www.greyhoundwelfare.org/) where we had a choice between two different greyhounds. Monty was the first one we saw, and the other greyhound was the second. That second greyhound was a BEAUTIFUL dog, beautiful color and markings, and really big. I kind of wanted the second dog, but we thought Monty would be the better fit for our family. The main reason? Monty was so low key when we visited him at his foster house. He barely blinked an eyelash as we pat him, and we thought "GREAT! He's so calm and sedate, perfect"! And so we adopted him. Of course now we know that the whole "quiet and mellow" side of Monty does NOT exist. He can jump almost as high as my head, and if we leave the house for two minutes he comes bounding down the stairs like a maniac as soon as we open the door. Its like we've been gone for MONTHS. Anyway, he's a pain in the ass and spoiled rotten and we adore him. I, in particular, adore having a dog to dress up. I currently have a fleece jacket for Monty and a custom made jacket for winter, along with something called a "snood". Yes, I said a custom made jacket - a jacket that cost $75 to have made to his exact measurements. The sweater he's wearing in the picture to my left is actually something he doesn't wear, it didn't fit him properly and I actually had to cut it off him. I'm including some goofy pictures of Monty for all to enjoy. And rest assured that once I get his custom made pajamas ordered I'll be posting pictures of those as well!

No comments: