Sunday, January 16, 2011

Slow to warm up little boy

Nathan is not big on change. He does not like new things as a rule. He is cautious. He likes to check things out first. And maybe see them for a few times before really ENGAGING with whatever that item is. He is also not big on waking up (much like me!). When he gets up from a nap I make sure to take him AND his blankie to the sofa where we watch "Blues Clues". Sometimes I give him a snack like cheerios or goldfish that he kind of munches on while we snuggle. By the time the show is over he's awake and, usually, in a good mood.


Back to the change thing. Nathan got a really cute battery operated kitty cat from his Grammy and Grampy the other day and he wanted absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. The fact that this little kitty walked across the floor making cheeping noises made him cry. I wasn't worried though. I know that with a little more time he'll be playing with kitty, and I was right.


Check out my sweet boy and his kitty cat!


Full confesion: he did THROW the kitty a few times, but hey.. he touched it and didn't cry, so that's progress!

No comments: